A belly and heart warming recipe for the rainy and stormy weekend in Lisbon ahead! One of many reasons to love the rain and the cold: Stay in, eat soup, take time for things you wanted to do for ages, bake cake, be with friends and family, read books, watch movies…. do I need to go on? 😉 happy friday!
Ingredients (for at least 8 servings)
1 stalk of leeks
1 whole cauliflower
3 cloves of garlic
1 tsp of cumin seeds
1 bunch of thyme
1 tbsp of mustard plus some for decoration
salt & pepper
What to do
- Cut the Cauliflower, potatoes, onion and garlic into small pieces.
- Get a big soup pan and add a splash of olive oil. Wait until hot and add garlic and onion. Fry until they are lightly brown and soft.
- Add the potatoes and cauliflower and fry for about 5 minutes. Add the cumin seeds and some salt and pepper and fry for another minute.
- Add enough water to just cover the potatoes and cauliflower. From the bunch of thyme keep 1 twig for decoration, keep the rest as a bunch with some ripe or rubber and add it to the pan. Bring to boil and let it simmer until the potatoes and cauliflower are cooked (about 15 minutes).
- In the meantim, add some olive oil to a frying pan. Cut the leek into qual 5cm pieces. Put them into the frying pan standing up and fry on both sides until they are brown. Put to the side.
- When the cauliflower is cooked, take out the thyme and blend into a smooth soup with a hand blender. Add the mustard and season with pepper & salt.
- Get a soup bowl and add the Cauliflower soup, add a bit of mustard on top and place two of the leek scallops in the middle. Sprinkle some thyme on top. Done!